In this review, we’ll examine the Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Pillowcase in more detail. This opulent sleep accessory is often hailed as the ultimate beauty trick.
The Mulberry Silk Pillowcase performs all typical pillowcase duties but does so with consideration and care for your hair. The Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Pillowcase gives you the impression that something as supple and smooth as the liquid is cradling your head and face. But is this item really good?
Therefore, let’s put that idea to the test and see if Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Pillowcase is the right choice for you. Further Reading: Blissy Mulberry Silk Pillowcase Review: Really Worth It?
The founders of Brooklinen set out to create high-quality, reasonably priced household necessities.
Brooklinen is dubbed as “the internet’s favorite sheets.” They have a solid understanding of their audience with 260,000 Instagram followers. The business has been highlighted in publications like Business Insider and Good Housekeeping.
- Pricing– $59 (standard size), $69 (king size)
- Sizing– standard and king
- Colors– White, Dove Grey, Carbon
- Wash Care– These silk pillowcases are pre-washed by Brooklinen, so there is no need to wash them when they are delivered. When you do wash them, it is advised to hand-wash them in cold water with a mild detergent before letting them air dry.
- Made in China
What Are Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Pillowcases Made Of?
Three main considerations should be made when evaluating the quality of silk for those who are unfamiliar with it: the type of silk, the weave, and the momme (the fabric’s weight). In order to clarify these definitions, let’s look more closely at the silk used by Brooklinen.
Silk Type: Mulberry
Mulberry silk, widely regarded as the highest quality silk available, is used exclusively in the production of Brooklinen’s silk pillowcases. This is because it’s made by Mulberry silkworms that are carefully monitored by farmers in order to ensure that the threads they spin are round, smooth, fine, lightweight, and uniformly colored.
Mulberry silk is so round and finely grained that when it is spun into fabric, it produces a material that is flawlessly smooth and delicate. Additionally, Mulberry silk threads are very strong, which makes silk bedding quite durable. Sericin, a protein found in mulberry silk, can help keep allergens at bay. Mulberry silk is completely natural, odorless, and made from sericin. Because Mulberry silk is hypoallergenic, sleepers with sensitive skin might be particularly compatible with this these silk pillowcases.
Weave Style: Charmeuse
The term “charmeuse” refers to the traditional weave style used in silk textile production and has a reputation for producing exceptionally lustrous fabric. Yes, silk already tends to have a shiny appearance, but this weave style boosts the luster for a very high sheen. The exceptional durability of charmeuse-woven silk is frequently praised.
The weft thread is woven over four threads before passing under one in the charmeuse weave, which is akin to a sateen weave. However, charmeuse woven silk is thin and delicate, in contrast to sateen woven bedding which has a tendency to be thick and lie heavier on the body.
How Do Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Pillowcases Feel?
Now we know that Brooklinen’s silk pillowcases are luxuriously soft, but what’s it like to actually sleep on them? Then we’ll go into more detail about how this silk looks and feels after talking about what’s included with every purchase.
What’s Included With Your Purchase?
Customers have the option of purchasing the Mulberry Silk Pillowcase or the Mulberry Silk Bundle. It’s important to note that the first option comes with one pillowcase, and the bundle includes one pillowcase and one eye mask (also made from Mulberry silk).
If you want to order more than one pillowcase, simply increase the quantity before you “add to cart.” Shoppers can order up to five pillowcases at a time, and they come in white, light grey, and dark grey.
Should I Buy a Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Pillowcase?
Okay, sleepers, we’ve taken a close examination of these silk pillowcases, so let’s recap the highlights:
- Skin Soothing– Give this one a try if you’re looking for a super smooth pillowcase to calm your skin at night. Additionally, keep in mind that silk is less absorbent than cotton, meaning that your face cream and/or natural skin oils will be less likely to smear into the fabric.
- Hair Help– Silk can also keep your hair moisturized because it has a lower absorption rate. Silk also produces very little friction which, in my experience, is ideal for protecting your hair from frizz or “bed head.”
- Temperature Regulating– These pillowcases are excellent for all seasons because silk regulates temperature. Of course, these aren’t the most breathable items I’ve ever tested; choose bamboo or cotton percale instead for excellent breathability. They do, however, adapt to your body temperature and are lightweight.
- High-Quality Silk– These pillowcases, as we’ve learned, are among the best silk products available. Mulberry silk that is woven with a 22 momme charmeuse thread is not only opulently smooth but also incredibly strong.
- 365-Day Return Policy & Lifetime Warranty– Yes, you did read that correctly. You have a year to return or exchange your pillowcase if you’re unhappy with it. Not to mention, the lifetime warranty guarantees that if your pillowcase ever frays or pills, it’ll be promptly replaced with a brand-new one. I must admit that these are incredibly generous policies that give consumers hope.
Check out our top picks on the 7 Best Mulberry Silk Pillowcases in 2023.
Things to Consider Before Buying Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
Before you buy anything, you should take a few factors into account.
- Pricey– This type of mulberry silk is regarded as a luxury fabric, so at $59 for a standard-size pillowcase and $69 for a king-size, this accessory isn’t going to be within everyone’s price range. Naturally, the one-year return period does lessen some of the pressure because you have plenty of time to decide if it’s the right fit for you.
- Wash Care– If you would like, you can wash these pillowcases on the cold cycle with a pH-neutral liquid detergent before letting them air dry on a line. In order to prevent the fabric from being harmed in the washing machine, many sleepers, including myself, opt to hand wash silk. You spent quite a bit of money on these pillowcases, so it’s best to treat them with the utmost respect.
On Amazon, we found some customers reviews for you to decide whether to buy Brooklinen mulberry silk pillowcase:
Some people said, ” I appreciate this pillowcase. It is both incredibly cozy and lovely!”, “The Blissy pillowcase, according to some reviewers, is inferior to this one.
This one is decent, but it doesn’t hold a candle to the Blissy when it comes to taming frizz.”
But there were also negative comments, like “Offsite reviews would lead you to believe this pillowcase is so much better than “lesser silk pillowcases'”… but the benefits of this pillowcase don’t seem to be manifesting themselves. On my pillow, it actually looks like a wrinkled trash bag, despite its claim to be much more wrinkle-free than the average pillowcase.”
You should read customer reviews on various shopping platforms before you purchase a Brooklinen mulberry silk pillowcase.
Conclusion: Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Pillowcase Review
Unlike many other brands, Brooklinen’s Mulberry Silk Pillowcase is 100% silk and contains no synthetic materials. This silk is thicker and softer because it has a higher mommes count, which is a measurement of fiber density.
All that’s left to do is put the Brooklinen Mulberry Silk Pillowcase to the test now that you know everything there is to know about it.