It will be crucial for you to understand how to clean Sunbrella indoor upholstery fabric.
With friends, family, and loved ones nearby, Sunbrella believes that life is more beautiful when we can unwind and savor the moment. However, despite all those wonderful times, mishaps do occasionally occur.
How to Clean Sunbrella Indoor Upholstery Fabric?
- Use Sunbrella Clean Multi-Purpose Fabric Cleaner or lightly mist the fabric with a solution of mild soap and water.
- With a sponge or extremely soft bristle brush, gently agitate the entire fabric’s surface, going from seam to seam, to help the solution penetrate the stain. A hard-bristled brush or any other method that will abrade the fabric should not be used, and you should avoid scrubbing.
- To get rid of any soap residue, thoroughly rinse the entire piece of fabric.
- Apply a clean, soft towel or sponge to absorb any excess moisture.
- Moving from seam to seam, blot or wet-vacuum any excess moisture from the fabric’s entire surface.
- Rinse and blot again until all soap residue is gone, then let the surface air dry.
Some removable casings can be washed in the washing machine, but before doing so, check with the furniture manufacturer because cushion construction can vary. Before you wash, zip up everything. Normal amounts of mild laundry detergent are used in a machine wash cycle in cold water. To dry by air, let the fabric.
There are two types of stains: oil-based stains and water-based stains. Due to their hydrophobicity and ability to repel water, oil-based stains are the most difficult to fully eradicate. Oil-based or grease stains include:
- Cooking oils like olive oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil
- Condiments like salad dressing and mayonnaise
- Cosmetics like liquid makeup, moisturizers, or sunscreen
- Oily ingredients such as coconut oil and butter
Tips on Cleaning Sunbrella Indoor Upholstery Fabric
- Mix one quart of cool water with 1/4 cup of mild soap for general cleaning. Using a fresh sponge or soft brush, apply the solution to the fabric and gently work it into the stain. Rinse well to get rid of all soap residue with clean water.
- Applying a small amount of dishwashing liquid or laundry detergent directly to the stain will help to pre-treat it if your fabric has stains from grease or food. Gently massage it in, and then give it a thorough cool water rinse.
- For stubborn stains, try OxiClean or Clorox II. Applying the solution to the stain requires mixing the solution in accordance with the directions on the package. To completely get rid of the cleaner, give everything a good rinse in clean water.
- You can try dabbing some vinegar on a water stain to see if that helps. Gently rub it in before giving it a thorough rinse under clean water.
- Apply a solution of one part bleach to ten parts water to your Sunbrella indoor upholstery fabric to stop mildew from growing there. Utilizing a fresh sponge or gentle brush, apply the solution to the fabric and gently work it into the stain. To get rid of all bleach residue, thoroughly rinse with clean water.
Tips to Keep Your Sunbrella Indoor Upholstery Fabric Looking Its Best
Here are a few tips to follow to keep your Sunbrella upholstery fabric looking its best:
- To regularly get rid of any dirt or debris, vacuum or sweep your Sunbrella fabric.
- If there are any spills, clean them up with lukewarm water and mild soap.
- For stains that are more difficult to remove, you can use diluted bleach or a commercial upholstery cleaner.
- Before storing your Sunbrella fabric, make sure it is entirely dry to avoid mildew.
You can prolong the appearance of your Sunbrella indoor upholstery fabric by following these easy instructions.
Conclusion: Clean Sunbrella Indoor Upholstery Fabric
We hope you find this blog post on How To Clean Sunbrella Indoor Upholstery Fabric to be useful. There are hundreds of different kinds of fabrics, and each has its own unique cleaning requirements.
Make sure the cleaner or solution won’t harm the fabric by testing it on a small patch first. Always err on the side of caution and call an expert upholstery cleaner if in doubt.
We hope that we were able to allay any of your worries about washing your brand-new Sunbrella fabric!
Are Sunbrella Fabrics Machine Washable?
Most Sunbrella upholstery fabrics can be washed in the washing machine. Close any zippers before washing. Normal sizings of mild laundry detergent are used in cold water on the delicate cycle of the washing machine. Add 1 cup of bleach if there is a lot of mold or mildew. Sunbrella fabric should only ever be dried by air.
Can I Put Sunbrella Fabrics in the Dryer?
Sunbrella fabric should always be allowed to air dry. After cleaning, blot excess moisture with a fresh, soft towel or sponge. Moving from seam to seam, you can wet-vacuum any excess moisture from the fabric’s entire surface.
How Can I Prevent Water Stains on My Sunbrella Fabric?
Make sure your Sunbrella fabric is completely dry before storing it to avoid water stains. A waterproofing spray is another option for deterring moisture.