Wearing cool in the summer is important. But is Crepe fabric good for summer? Read this blog and you will know why.
In ceremonies or events, Crepe is used. Crepe is a common fabric in many different cultures all over the world. High-end fashion and decorative apparel are typically made with it in modern times.
Wool Crepe is a very well-liked fabric for winter clothing. Cotton Crepe, which is almost exclusively worn in summer, is at the other end of the spectrum.
Keep reading to find out the reasons why Crepe fabric is good for summer.
Is Crepe Fabric Good for Summer?
Since Crepe fabric comes in a wide variety, some Crepe are appropriate for summer and some are not. In general, stretch Crepe and cotton Crepe are the best types of Crepe to wear in the summer. They are soft, breathable materials that won’t irritate or stick to the skin.
If you want to give your outfit a lovely, body-hugging effect without experiencing discomfort or irritability, stretch Crepe fabric is a fantastic choice. It is used extensively in feminine clothing because it is elastic and stretchy.
A harsh or thick material, such as Crepe made of wool strands, should not be used. The advantages of wearing something light, airy, and summer-appropriate would be lost because such fabrics have a strong tendency to retain heat.
Why is Crepe Fabric Good for Summer?
Finding the type of Crepe fabric that best suits you and your skin during the summer would be fairly easy due to the vast variety of Crepe fabric types that are available.
- Since Crepe fabric is quite thin, it doesn’t help the body produce heat, which is a good quality to have in the summer. In fact, if it is blended with silk, it is said to have a low heat resistance.) This essentially means that it doesn’t contribute to heat production or conductivity.
- Due to the nature of the tiny microscopic holes on the surface of Crepe fabric, it is porous and allows air to pass through. This is excellent for ventilation on humid summer days so that your skin can breathe. Wearing something made of Crepe fabric on a hot summer day is thus a very wise choice.
- Cleaning Crepe fabric is also not too difficult. This is a crucial characteristic for Crepe fabric to possess because summer is yet another season connected to mud and perspiration.
Types of Crepe Fabrics That Are Good for the Summer
mainly because Crepe yarn can be made from all or nearly all textile fibers. It makes Crepe fabric the most widely used and adaptable material there is. However, there are many more variations of Crepe fabric. These are some of the best Crepe fabrics to wear in the summer.
- French Crepe – The majority of undergarments are made from this type of Crepe fabric, also known as flat Crepe. As the name implies, it is French originally. Additionally, since undergarments are typically light, this type of Crepe fabric is appropriate for summer.
- Crepe de Chine – This kind of Crepe fabric is Chinese in origin. It is a very thin type of Crepe fabric that is typically made of silk, one of the most expensive materials on earth. Some Crepe de Chine variations are made of polyester because it resembles silk in appearance and feel but is also very affordable to produce. Silk is difficult to extract and feels very smooth and soft against the skin. Even on the hottest summer days, this kind of Crepe fabric will keep your body cool because silk is a material that breathes well.
- Scuba Crepe – Polyester and a trace amount of spandex was used to create this Crepe fabric. In hot summers, this makes this particular type of Crepe fabric very breathable. Additionally, it is very elastic and smooth, giving the wearer greater freedom of movement.
- Crepe Charmeuse – This kind of Crepe is woven with a satin weave (this is a style of weaving that produces a smooth-faced fabric in which the warp interfaces with the filling at points that spread over the surface of the fabric.) But Crepe yarn (hard twisted) is used instead of regular yarn. The fabric will actually be a type of Crepe fabric, despite having a smooth, reflective surface similar to satin fabric.
- Polyester Crepe – an entirely polyester-based Crepe fabric type. Crepe made of polyester is available in all such variations. Due to its thin and lightweight construction, it is also suitable for the summer. Typically used to create blouses and airy pants.
Conclusion: Wear Crepe in the Summer
Although there is no known date or place of origin for Crepe fabric, it has survived the test of time and is one of the most distinctive types of fabric in existence.
Stretch Crepe fabric, which is stretchable and elastic as the name suggests and provides a distinctive body-hugging effect to the dress or outfit, is a variation that is preferred for summer.
Is Crepe Fabric Cool Or Warm?
A cozy type of Crepe fabric is wool Crepe or crepon. You can mix wool fibers with silk, cotton, or polyester fibers. It has a more delicate texture and is both warm and breathable thanks to the wool content.
Is Crepe a Hot Fabric?
It feels light on the skin and is very breathable thanks to the fabric’s thin construction. Though this is great for wicking moisture, it also means that Crepe doesn’t retain heat very well.
What is Crepe Fabric Best For?
Due to its delicate nature, Crepe fabric is generally used in scarves, eveningwear, and other lightweight types of clothing. Because wool Crepe is more robust than silk Crepe, it can be used to make heavier garments like dresses and sweaters.