Don’t forget to try Jacquard if you’re looking for the ideal fabric for your summer wardrobe. Let’s see why is jacquard fabric good for summer.
You might be wondering what materials and fashion trends are appropriate for the summer as the temperatures rise. While there are many choices, jacquard is a great option for those who want something that is both stylish and comfortable.
Let’s explore the reasons Jacquard fabric is suitable for the summer in greater detail.
Is Jacquard Fabric Good for Summer?
This is an ambiguous response that depends on the fibers that are woven together to create the Jacquard fabric, which can mean both yes and no. For example, jacquard fabrics made primarily of light fibers, such as polyester or silk, are more likely to be suitable for summer and its hot climate than, say, fabrics made of heavier fibers, such as cotton or wool.
It also depends on what the Jacquard fabric wearer is looking for in summer clothing. Whether to feel comfortable (cool in temperature) during summer or to feel good about what they will be wearing (these two are often very different.)
Since summer can be quite hot, you’ll frequently need to wear lighter clothing that moves with the wind and captures every cool breeze to stay comfortable. Instead of causing you to sweat and retain heat, which makes you feel uncomfortable.
On the other hand, summer dressing is not as simple as feeling good about what you will be wearing. Even though heavier clothing can occasionally look good in the summer, it is more likely to trap heat and become very uncomfortable.
It’s important to keep in mind that jacquard fabric can be used in both directions depending on the fibers used when purchasing summer clothing or items made of the fabric.
Because it looks great and is praised by many for its incredible durability, the jacquard fabric can be considered to be suitable for summer without much debate or opposition.
Using wool fibers to create the Jacquard fabric can greatly increase its durability, even though it wouldn’t be particularly suitable for summer.
But one problem with Jacquard fabric is that because of its complexity and manufacturing process, it has an alarmingly high cost for casual garments (like shirts, pants, and so forth), so it is used to make men’s suits and evening wear (like nightgowns, etc.)
Types of Jacquard Fabrics That Are Good for Summer
- Brocade – One of the most popular varieties of Jacquard fabric is this one, which is Chinese in origin. It’s good for summer because it is woven with silk and another fiber, whereby the composition is of two different types of yarn (fiber). Silk is thin and does not accumulate or hold onto body heat when worn. In fact, one of the most advised fabrics to wear in the summer is those made of silk.
- Damask – One warp yarn and one weft yarn make up this kind of Jacquard fabric, which is much easier to make than brocade. The fabric is lighter than the previous kind of fabric due to this variation, making it better for summer.
- Matelassé – To make pillow shams and coverlets for your bedding, it is frequently used. This kind of fabric has raised patterns that help with moisture wicking and help the body cool down, making it ideal for summer because it promotes a comfortable night’s sleep by allowing the body to expel heat.
- Silk Jacquard – One of the most luxurious fabrics (and Jacquard fabrics), the difference with a Silk Jacquard is that it is entirely Made from silk, as opposed to Brocade which might use silk in conjunction with another type of fiber. Although expensive, Silk Jacquard would be much better in the summer because, as was previously mentioned, silk is light and very smooth on the body.
Benefits of Jacquard Bed Sheets
Investing in jacquard bed linens has many advantages. Let us have a look at a few of them:
- Durable and Stable – Jacquard bed linens are renowned for their robustness. They have a high thread count, which makes the sheets soft, strong, and long-lasting. As a result of our increased sweating in the summer, we wash our clothes and bed linens more frequently.
The fact that these sturdy bed sheets can withstand frequent washing and use without showing signs of wear and tear makes them an excellent choice.
- Pleasant to the touch – These jacquard bed sheets might be the perfect solution for you if you are sick of spending your nights tossing and turning because of harsh sheets.
Incredibly comfortable for sleeping on are cotton jacquard bed sheets. Cotton is a natural, breathable fabric that aids in controlling body temperature and keeps you cool at night, making it a perfect material for bedding.
- A hint of elegance: Mark our words: these Jacquard bed sheets can give any bedroom a touch of luxury and style if you’re going for a sophisticated and refined appearance.
It is a finely woven fabric with a raised area of embroidery or ornamentation. The fabric looks more expensive and high-end thanks to the raised pattern, which gives it depth and dimension. On a jacquard loom, this elegant but somewhat dated fabric is typically created.
- Filled with decorative aesthetics – Every summer has its own distinct patterns and moods. Why not create this atmosphere in your room?
Tone-on-tone and contrast patterns are both available for the Jacquard bed sheet. The variety of patterns is also limitless. Choose and choose from a variety of patterns, from traditional stripes and polka dots to elaborate florals and botanical themes.
Care for Your Favourite Jacquard’s Bed Sheets
It’s critical to properly care for your jacquard bed linens if you want them to last for many years. Below are some tips on how to care for your jacquard bed sheets:
- It’s crucial to regularly wash your jacquard bed linens, especially during the summer, to keep them fresh and clean.
- To avoid harming the fabric, use cold water and mild detergent.
- In order to prevent shrinkage and fabric damage, be sure to dry your sheets properly.
- Squeezing this fabric is discouraged. It is preferable to hang it up to dry away from the sun.
- It’s important to avoid using bleach when washing your sheets because you already know that it can harm the cotton jacquard pattern.
- Jacquard bed linens should be folded neatly and kept in a dry, cool place when not in use. This will lessen the likelihood of wrinkling and fabric damage.
The addition of jacquard bed linens to any bedroom can be opulent and fashionable. Additionally, you can try these Jacquard bed sheets right away if you want to give your house, particularly your bedroom, a respectable and appealing appearance. With this material, the overall beauty of the house can be improved in this particular case, not just the appearance.
Final Words: Jacquard Fabric is Good for Summer
Although the jacquard fabric is great for summer, it also works well in other seasons. Although there aren’t as many options as one would like or hope for, how much money you are willing to spend on summer clothing made of Jacquard fabric will play a significant role in how you look and feel.
While a heavier weight would be preferable for chilly evenings, lightweight jacquard might be ideal for a summer day.
Is Jacquard Fabric Hot Or Cold?
The jacquard knit fabric is available in single or double knitting and has numerous intricate designs. Jacquard knit fabric is great for creating sweaters because of its warm and structured texture.
Is Jacquard Similar to Cotton?
The term “jacquard” refers to a decorative pattern woven into the fabric using a jacquard loom. Typically made of cotton, these designs can range from basic florals to very large, intricate patterns.
Is Cotton Jacquard Breathable?
Cotton jacquard is made from 100% cotton fibers, which makes it soft, breathable, and comfortable to wear.